Adipose (Fat) tissue is often regarded as an excess or unwanted part of the body. Medical field has known on its association with many life-threatening diseases such as ischemic heart disease, diabetes, hypertension, etc. Until recently, these excess tissues have become a valuable source of Mesenchymal Stem Cell (MSCs) the most powerful of all cells. These stem cells have the ability to change themselves into lots of different kinds of cells that may be able to repair joints, liver, bone, nerves, or even a damaged heart. They may also treat diseases like diabetes, arthritis and neurological diseases. These allow the treatments of many life-threatening diseases by using your own cells, thus reduce the chance of tissue rejection.
Advantages of storing adipose tissue
• Adipose tissue is easily extracted from skin in outpatient clinic, thus poses neither risk nor pain during the collection.
• Adipose tissues contain mesenchymal stem cells, the most powerful of all cells. These cells have self-renewal, proliferation, and differentiation properties toward various tissues such as nerve cell, cardiomyocyte, osteocyte, pancreatic cell and so on.
• One’s own mesenchymal stem cells have a high rate of engraftment, no HLA mismatches, and no incidence of rejection.
• Banked stem cells today will be readily accessible, allowing treatment to begin earlier if required, with no time wasted in the search and matching process required for publicly banked stem cells.
• There is no surplus cost to retrieve your stored stem cells if they are needed for transplant.
• Lastly, with Bangkok Stem Cell’s patented technology, there will always be an unlimited supply of your own stem cells to reassure your needs.